Re: windres RC codepage

Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:

The way to fix this is to add a /c option to windres that uses a
particular charset when converting resource strings, analogous to what
Microsoft's RC has. I suppose the way to do this would be to use
Windows routines if native, else fall back to libiconv, else fall back
to some dummy behavior.

The -c option to explicitly define input codepage would be good. Nevertheless I think it may suffice to get this information from the LANGUAGE directive. Parameter of this directive is LCID which AFAIK should correspond to country and language used in the resource file. I found this relation table on the web. It may be incomplete:

   http://www.microsoft.com/OpenType/otspec/lcid-cp.txt
   http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/nlsweb/default.asp

Maybe someone can get complete table. Maybe it's contained in the Microsoft resource compiler reference...

\//\/\