Re: PATCH: --sysroot-suffix

Richard Sandiford wrote:
Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:

Apple were interested in using it for native toolchains, however. Plus
the restriction is one of those things that is awkward to document. Can you explain why there was a problem?

I never tried it for native configurations, so I don't know for sure
that there is a problem.

The situation I'm interested in is for cross configurations as well. Anyhow, I'm just as happy with your patch as with mine. All I want is to have an agreed-upon mechanism available to solve the problem.

I would definitely encourage the binutils maintainers to settle on one of the approaches, and get that set of patches committed, independent of the GCC development stage. That will actually make it easier to get the matching patches into GCC later, and will keep a third person from independently developing yet another set of patches.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC