Re: Branches in CVS repository?

Andreas Schwab wrote:

In thinking about this a bit further, I realize that the issue is
complicated by the fact that binutils is part of the whole src/
repository.  A branch created just in the binutils portion might be
confusing, and, in any case, doing something like a new assembler port
requires changes to other parts of the tree as well to support new opcodes
and such.

You only need to check out the binutils module.

Yes, but it contains code from other subdirectories. For example, it contains all the files in the top level directory, the stuff in intl/, the stuff in libiberty/, and the stuff in opcodes/. A branch made in the tree I checked out for binutils will create branches in all of these places. So, we need to get agreement that it's OK to create branches in those directories as well.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC