Re: Q: Estimated date for 2.16 release ?

Hi,

Will 2.16 implement the CORRECT BSDI/ELF patch that I submitted?

Possibly - but only if we receive a proper submission in time. In particular we would need:

1. A copyright assignment to the FSF from the copyright holder(s) of the patch. Without this we cannot accept the patch. This is a proper legal document and there is a procedure to follow in order to obtain it, so if you want to apply for one please let me know.

2. A tidied up patch. This is mostly laziness on my part, but I would like to have one email that is just the patch, fully tested to make sure that it applied and builds a toolchain that works, and which also:

* Follows the GNU Coding standards.
* Adds an entry to the NEWS files in the appropriate subdirectory(s) announcing the availability of a new port.

3. ChangeLog entries for all of the ChangeLogs in the directories affected by the patch. With real name(s) for the submitters please. "The Doctor" is a nice alias but we prefer to deal with real people.

Cheers
  Nick