Re: Running gas and ld test suites remotely.

Hi Jitendra,

> I am using powerpc as machine and my host machine is x86.

Have you considered using a powerpc simulator running on the x86 host as an alternative test environment ? This definitely works.

I want to use ssh for session
protocol and scp for transfer protocol. I have successfully run binutils
test suite remotely but gas and ld test suites runs only on host for the
similar configurations as binutils.

Do you mean that the GAS executable you have runs on the x86 host and produces ppc object files, or that it runs on the remote powerpc machine and produces native object files ? In the former case there really is no advantage to taking the created object file, downloading it to the test machine, then uploading it back to the host so that objdump can be run on it. ie - the GAS testsuite does not check to see if *working* executables can be created. All it does is check to see if assembler source files will assemble to certain expected binary patterns. There is no need for an execution environment for the GAS testsuite - nothing is ever executed.

Cheers
  Nick