Re: Changing .dynstr to be more C++ friendly?

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 02:22:50PM -0500, Chris Kirby wrote:
> We have a large C++ embedded project

Personally, I don't think you should mention "embedded" and "C++" in the
same breath.

> My thinking was that we could change the definition of an Elf symbol
> to not contain a single name, but rather N distinct name components
> (3 in this case).

I think you underestimate the scope of the change you are proposing.
This would require changes to all consumers of ELF files, which means
more than just the assembler and linker.  Debuggers, ld.so, etc.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre