Re: Proposed patch to objectcopy.c

Hi Daniel,

I would like to propose the attached patch to objectcopy.c.

I like it. The patch is relatively clean and simple and I can see how it might be useful. I have therefore decided to apply it to the mainline sources along with these three changes:

1. I have added a "--globalize-symbols=<file>" switch along the lines of the "--localize-symbols=<file>" switch, so that multiple symbols can be easily converted by placing their names into a file.

2. I have added documentation to the binutils.texi file and mentioned in the new feature in the NEWS file.

3. I have created this ChangeLog entry to go along with the changes:

binutils/ChangeLog
2005-03-15  Daniel Marques  <marques@cs.cornell.edu>
            Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* objcopy.c (globalize_specific_list): New linked list of symbols
	to convert from local binding into global binding.
	(command_line_switch): Add OPTION_GLOBALIZE_SYMBOL and
	OPTION_GLOBALIZE_SYMBOLS.
	(copy_options): Add "globalize-symbol" and "globalize-symbols".
	(copy_usage): Document the new switches.
	(filter_symbols): Convert defined local symbols mentioned on the
	globalize_specific_list into global symbols.
	(copy_object): Perform actions if the globalize_specific_list is
	not empty.
	(copy_main): Handle new switches.
	* NEWS: Mention new feature.
	* doc/binutils.texi: Document new switches.
Cheers
  Nick