Re: .machine "altivec"

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:10:17PM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:

Hi Buday,

I'm using openembedded to create a powerpc executable on my x86 linux box. oe complains about

What was the configure command line that you used ?

| checking for .machine support... no
| configure: error:
| *** A binutils version which can handle
| *** .machine "altivec"
| *** is needed.

I could not find this error messages in the sources anywhere. Are you using a customised version of the configure scripts by any chance ?

This particular error message comes from the glibc configure script. Maybe it's using the wrong assembler.

I think so too. It is trying to use the assembler on host which is x86 asm thats why the error.