Re: elf32-arm.c corrections

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-03-20 at 01:15, Peter S. Mazinger wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > add_dynamic_entry: changes !info->shared to info->executable (PIE)
> > corrects typo, and syncs up with other archs (some others could do the
> > same). For !relocs the hole part would be omitted, probably some speed gain.
> >
> > Should the other patch (*3) for allocate_dynrelocs be applied (as done for
> > ppc32)?
> >
> > Why is ELIMINATE_COPY_RELOCS not used for arm?
> >
> > Thanks, Peter
> >
> > Please cc to me,
>
> Sorry for the delay replying, I've been snowed under with other work of
> late.
>
> I think this is probably OK, but it's hard to be sure because you
> haven't followed all the procedures.  When submitting a patch you need
> to do all of the following (as a minimum):

it was only sent to discuss it, because I can't be sure that it is ok, I
am looking since about 1-2 month at differences between arm and other
archs, because it had a false TEXTREL entry in all shared libs. This is
solved in the mean time. My intention is to get arm in sync w/ other
archs, to support PIE as well (currently not supported), see another patch
from me.

> 1) Explain what you are trying to do.  Is this a bug that you've found?
> If so, provide a testcase.  Is it an optimization?  If so, why is the
> existing code non-optimal.  Try to avoid diving in with too much detail.

optimization (shorter exec due to moving it to if (relocs) and typo
correction.

> 2) Describe the patch (you've done that, though it could be a little
> clearer).
> 3) Provide a ChangeLog entry describing the mechanics of the patch
> (functions that have been changed and how).

Is it approved? I will.

> 4) Provide a patch produced with 'diff -p' or 'diff -up' format (the -p
> option is essential so that I can see which functions are being changed
> from the patch).
didn't know that -p is needed, sorry

> 5) State which configurations you've tested the patch on.

works natively on arm v4 (uclibc based)

Thanks, Peter