Re: [patch] adjust libgloss addresses for 64-bit

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 cgd@broadcom.com wrote:

> >  With, "li" vs "dli" the definition is rather obvious and unambiguous.
> > It's not with "la" vs "dla".  With the (n)64 ABI what should the
> > following macros expand to:
> > [ ... ]
>
> Whatever SGI's assembler expands them into?  8-)

 Well, but does it actually fit all the variations of -mabi=/-march= that
we implement?  I have no access to that tool, so I can't tell...

> With warnings for where that differs from historic GNU binutils
> behaviour?

 Well, I'd rather warn about dangerous constructs.

 Finding out the difference to historic GNU binutils behaviour may be
tough as for the corner cases the sets will be different depending on the
version chosen.  If you're careful enough with that choice, you may
actually end up with disjoint sets...  Trivial cases, like "la $2, 0" are
likely to have always worked as expected. ;-)

  Maciej