Re: RFA: Adjust MIPS hidden symbol handling

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> Nah, I was wrong.  The two flags aren't quite the same: the
> mips-specific flag is used for accounting when we convert a global GOT
> entry to a local one.  So only the assertion is wrong.
> h->forced_local implies h->root.forced_local, but not the other way
> around.

 This sounds like the correct interpretation -- now that you've mentioned
that GOT reference I've recalled doing some work in that area long ago
when support for linker scripts (and converting symbols to local this way)
was added to the MIPS backend.  I can have a look at the relevant code
again if you discover any further problems.

  Maciej