Re: binutils-2.16 news

Hi Jan,

As far as I remember either you or Nick or Ian provided me with a list of
> targets one would ideally test against when making changes of global effect.
> Quite a number of these are listed here.

Note - those lists of targets were intended to cover the vast majority of targets supported by binutils, even those without maintainers. The intention was to make sure that global changes did not break anything, even unmaintained ports.

I thus wonder whether there isn't (and if not, couldn't be) a place where
> a list of "primary" targets is maintained (which should clearly be free
> of targets already deprecated),

This could be deduced from the list of maintainers in the binutils/MAINTAINERS file.

Cheers
  Nick