Empty section removal has messed up MIPS gdb

GCC used to leave a message for the debugger in the form of an empty
section:

      /* Generate a special section to describe the ABI switches used to
         produce the resultant binary.  This used to be done by the assembler
         setting bits in the ELF header's flags field, but we have run out of
         bits.  GDB needs this information in order to be able to correctly
         debug these binaries.  See the function mips_gdbarch_init() in
         gdb/mips-tdep.c.  This is unnecessary for the IRIX 5/6 ABIs and
         causes unnecessary IRIX 6 ld warnings.  */

The emitted bits were simply:

	.section .mdebug.abi64
	.previous

The sections are now stripped.  I don't want to put contents in them and
waste object file space unless it's absolutely necessary.  How should I
cajole ld into leaving them?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC