RE: excessive stab information

true: if all directories published their headers in a consistent manner,
that wouldn't be too difficult as our makerules do know the path
relative to the root of our tree. Unfortunately they don't but that can
be changed. Thanks for the suggestion.

Unfortunately, this'll only save around 2% on the size of the file
though. However, I think we've found another reason for the gross size
of the stabs in our elfs but we think that's the fault of the compiler.
It seems that in some circumstances involving C++ templates, it decides
to throw in arbitrary templated types into a BINCL even when names in
those types bear no relation to the types being used in the header file
in question. We're now going to investigate that route (FWIW we're using
gcc 3.3.3).

--
Andy, BlueArc Engineering