Re: Procedure size

Hi Sumesh,

   Can some one tell me how can one find the size of a procedure
from the object file using BFD support ?

Procedures should have a symbol associated with them. This symbol should have the BSF_SYMBOL flag set and, for ELF based input object files at lease, the size of this symbol should be the size of the procedure.

I found many kinds of sizes (cooked_size, raw_size) in the "asection" structure, but

Note - the asection structure contains the entire contents of a section, which will probably contain lots of procedures, not just one.

Cheers
  Nick