Re: Question about another IA64 HP-UX build problem

> On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 11:16, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > My question is, why is this the only use of getc_unlocked in binutils?
>
> The code has been there since 2001-12-04.  It was first posted here
>     http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2001-10/msg00499.html
> Have you ever tried building this stuff on ia64-hpux before?  It is
> present since at least binutils-2.13; I didn't try looking back any
> farther than that.

Yes, I have built this on ia64-hpux before.  It always gave a warning
because it didn't see the declaration of getc_unlocked in stdio.h.  This
is because _REENTRENT is not defined and the HP-UX header file only
defines getc_unlocked when _REENTRENT is defined.  But the warning
didn't cause any problem when using the routine.  It is just that the
warning now causes an error due to -Werror.

I'll see if I can figure out how GCC is handling this and copy that.

Steve Ellcey
sje@cup.hp.com