Re: Update autoconf in binutils and ld directories and import ylwrap

On May 18, 2005, at 1:42, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
I'm presuming you have some non-GNU make handy to test with.

Actually no, I'm just really pedantic and proofread your patch :-)

But my Linux box does have something called pmake lying around, which claims to be 4.4 BSD make. And it does indeed have the limited-$< "feature".

Could you try the attached? Part of this will be necessary for 2.16.1.

Previously it didn't work with pmake (the grep wound up reading from stdin). With the attached patch, pmake produces the expected results, and I see you've checked it in. Great.

I noticed that while ld/ld.1 and gas/doc/as.1 depend on their respective foo-ver.texi files, the various binutils/doc/*.1 do not depend on binutils/doc/config.texi. This may or may not actually be a problem.

Thanks,

John