ld under cygwin and --enable-stdcall-fixup option

Hello all,

I am living in a cygwin environment on a WinXP host (don't laugh)
trying to link against a win32 import library (the actuall DLL is
provided but stripped so there is no way to make my own import library
from it) that is provided by a third party hardware vendor (National
Instruments, to be exact).  Said library features export function
entries in either of the two calling conventions (__stdcall and __cdecl).
The problem I ran into, however, is that the binutils linker, claiming
to actually being able to resolve the missing __stdcall symbols by
stripping off the '@xx' part of the exported name and looking
again, apparently does not do so ;)  I seems to simply ignore the
--enable-stdcall-fixup option given.  The __cdecl symbols are found
without problem and therefore linking succeeds.

The linker says its version is:

GNU ld version 2.15.94 20041229
  Supported emulations:
   i386pe

If necessary, I can provide the complete verbose linker output and
many more details.

Thanks and regards,
Christian Boehme