Re: gc sections and .eh_frame

Alan Modra wrote:
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 01:54:36PM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:

Great, thanks. I guess looping over the input BFDs would be better.

Right, I think it's the best approach. Not very pretty but it works for me.

* elflink.c (bfd_elf_gc_sections): Mark again the sections rooted at .eh_frame if the EH tables are not in .gcc_except_table.* sections.

Won't that mark all the function text sections too?

Only if there aren't any .gcc_except_table* sections surely? In which case that's no worse than previous behaviour.

Anyway, unfortunately the patch doesn't quite work. There are multiple input .eh_frame sections, and only the most recently seen one will get its dependencies marked.

While it would be good to reuse the loop, I think we're going to have to do a separate loop to search for .gcc_except_table*. I'll rework the patch.

Jifl