Re: Building binutils under mingw/msys?

Christian Joensson wrote:

> Is there anyone here building binutils (and also gcc) under MinGW and
> MSYS under Windows XP? If so, pls let me know... I'd like to ask a few
> questions...

A few people do.  In theory, everything should work out of the box.  As
a practical matter, people often have better luck building in Cygwin
using the MinGW target.  The build process is so similar that its fine
to just use --host=i686-pc-mingw32 within Cygwin, or you can alter uname
so it reports MinGW rather than Cygwin.  MSYS is just a fork of Cygwin.

My present MinGW build environment is neither MSYS nor Cygwin.  I've
collected the actual set of tools necessary for a GNU toolchain build
and compiled them, mostly for the MinGW target.

Aaron W. LaFramboise