Re: Add NOP after store operation

Hi Michael,

my intention is to add a fixed number of NOP operation after a str in arm. I have a problem width the memory bus and I must solve this problem width a delay in the store operation. I would change the md_assemble function to add nop if the opcode is related to a store. I think that I must change the tc-arm.c file and the read.c in the gas directory. Is it correct?

Unless you are programming only in assembler then the answer is "no". You must gcc instead. This is because GCC calculates the length of branches and uses different instructions depending upon how far away the target of the branch is. So if you insert NOPs without gcc knowing about it, it will generate code that does not assemble.

If you are restricting yourself to assembler then you should be able to contain all the modifications you make just to the tc-arm.c file.

Cheers
  Nick