objcopy ihex

Hello,

During an attempt to convert an ELF object to an intel hex object using objcopy, I noticed that the ihex object that objcopy output did not contain extended linear address records that are required for objects that consist of addresses that are greater than 16-bits.

I searched for such and option, read documentation, but came up empty handed? Does objcopy not support these records? Seems to me that this would be a reasonably simple addition to objcopy. I can write the addition, but has it been written already?

Cheers,
Chris