Re: objcopy ihex

"Chris Hiszpanski" <chiszp@hotmail.com> writes:

> During an attempt to convert an ELF object to an intel hex object
> using objcopy, I noticed that the ihex object that objcopy output did
> not contain extended linear address records that are required for
> objects that consist of addresses that are greater than 16-bits.

I see code in BFD to generate extended linear address records for
Intel hex format.  They should be generated automatically.  I don't
know why you are not seeing them.  Note that they will only be
generated when needed.  If the entire program fits below address
0x10000, objcoy will simply use ordinary data records.  If the entire
program fits below address 0x100000, objcopy will use extended address
records (type 2).  Otherwise, objcopy will use extended linear address
records (type 4).

If it helps, the code is in bfd/ihex.c.  The format is described in a
long comment at the start of the file.  If you have an example which
fails, please submit a patch or open a PR.  Thanks.

Ian