Re: Compiling, --target question...

Hi Andrew,

I spent the night hacking around the build system, and I think I
managed to get it to target powerpc-pc-haiku using elf, but I don't
really know how to extract what I have done to make a patch.  If I
upload a tar.gz of what I have done, can someone take a look to see if
its right?

Well it really is a lot easier for us if you can provide a patch (or set of patches).

If you are using the binutils sources checked out of the CVS repository (which is what we would recommend for this kind of work) then all you need to do is run "cvs diff -cp" at the top level of the sources in order to generate a patch file.

If you only have a tarball then you can still create a patch by getting hold of another copy of the source tarball (from your backups, you do keep backups, right ? :-) and then running "diff -rcp <original> <new>" at the top level.

Cheers
  Nick