Re: PATCH: readelf: Print sh_flags in hex

Hi H. J.

Since the current readelf doesn't provide complete information on
sh_flags, should I just change the default one to

    [Nr] Name    Type            Addr     Off    Size   ES Lk Inf Al
         Flags
    [ 0] .text   PROGBITS        00001010 001010 000011 00  0   0  4
 	[0x10000006]: ALLOC, EXEC, PROC (0x1000000)

No - people may have scripts that parse the current output and these will not expect the new lines. I prefer your idea of having a new switch to enable a more complete list of the section's flags.

In fact it occurs to me that there is possibly a need for this new switch to enable a more generally verbose section header description, covering things like the sh_info field, the sh_link field and so on. More description names for the columns being displayed would also help.

The new switch might also be combined with the --full-section-name and/or the --wide switches in order to reduce the number of switches affecting the section header output, thus making readelf simpler to use.

What do you think of these ideas ?

Cheers
  Nick