Re: Printing out type tree using objdump...

Tarmo Pikaro <tapika@yahoo.com> writes:

> > No, to be accepted as a patch it has to be in
> > Texinfo format.
> Ok , do you know any good texinfo editor ?

Well, emacs, I suppose.  Texinfo is a fairly simple text based
formatting language.

> 4 Type tree in objdump
> objdump will provide for perl functionality to print
> out the type tree.
> Âobjdump --print_c_type_tree_for_perl will print out
> type tree. Type tree is the next step from perl module
> called Âpstruct  pstruct allowed to parse stabs
> debugging information and generate appropriate
> functions for filling out necessary C structures. Type
> tree assumes that no code will be generated and
> developer can perform necessary structure generation
> using type tree. Additional perl module,
> encode_decode.pm will be supplied with tree walking
> support.

Unfortunately, I have a hard time understanding this.

Is pstruct a standard perl module?  If not, does this dump information
actually have anything to do with Perl?

> ÂMyStruct =>
> {
>    Âtype => ÂstructureÂ,
>
> 	Âelements =>
> 	[
> 		Âtest1Â =>
> 		[
> 				Âtype => Âuint8Â
> 		],
> 	]
> };

Can we specify this more formally?  Or is this some sort of Perl
syntax?  (It's been many years since I've used Perl).

Ian