Re: [SH]: prepending $ to register names

Hi Khem,

As you suggested. This patch adds a command line option -enable-reg-prefix to SH target options and is disabled by default.

Is this patch acceptable?

Yes, but I have made a few changes before checking it in. Specifically:

* The code for the new parse_reg() function was broken, in that if
prefixes were enabled and src[0] was '$' it would always return a
non-zero value, even if parse_reg_without_prefix was unable to parse
the rest of the register name. I have fixed this.

  * I separated out the ChangeLog entries for the testsuite additions
    and moved them into the ChangeLog that resides inside the testsuite/
    directory.

  * I changed the name of the switch to --allow-reg-prefix since I think
    that this more accurately reflects the idea that the prefix is
    optional and not compulsory.

* I added a mention of the new switch to the gas/NEWS file.

These are the ChangeLog entries that I checked in:

gas/ChangeLog
2005-10-06  Khem Raj  <kraj@mvista.com>
            NIIBE Yutaka  <gniibe@m17n.org>

	* config/tc-sh.c (allow_dollar_register_prefix): New variable.
	(parse_reg_without_prefix): New function.
	(parse_reg): Check for '$' register prefix if --allow-reg-prefix is
	set.
	(option md_longopts): Add allow-reg-prefix option.
	* doc/c-sh.texi: Document --allow-reg-prefix option.
	* NEWS: Mention the new switch.

gas/testsuite/ChangeLog
2005-10-06  Khem Raj  <kraj@mvista.com>
            NIIBE Yutaka  <gniibe@m17n.org>

	* gas/sh/basic.exp:  Run reg-prefix test.
	* gas/sh/reg-prefix.s: New
	* gas/sh/reg-prefix.d: New

Cheers
  Nick