Re: PATCH: ld/1467: Orphaned section is put in the odd place

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:49:33PM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:
> The ELF linker doesn't check section type and checks section name when
> placing orphan. Both may lead to odd orphaned section placement. This
> patch adds section type check and removes the section name check.

Hi HJ,

My biggest complaint about almost every patch you post is that you
don't explain what you're doing.  What does "odd" mean here?  What does
it look like before and after?  Is anything actually wrong?  Some bits
of this patch are pretty obvious, but some I couldn't figure out by
looking at them.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC