Re: Is having --enable-targets=all undocumented normal?

Hello Ian,

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
[...]
It is documented in binutils/README, which is where all the binutils
build instructions are found.  That file is referenced by the top
level README file.
Thanks for the pointer. It is indeed documented there in details. However, a more explanative reference should be given as not everyone builds from a unified tree. I myself missed that document, only looking for build instructions in the top-level README file.

I think it would be reasonable to put those instructions somewhere else, but where?
Mmm, I cannot really state about that. I was only referring to the fact that the option should be printed by the configure help output (so that intrigued people can look back at the documentation to know more).

Vincent

--
Using Firefox and Thunderbird at Wind River:
http://twiki.wrs.com/do/view/ENGtools/MozillaAtWindriver