Re: Revised: [patch] add z80 support to ld

Hi Arnold,

I just noticed that I made an error while adding $(srcdir)/emultempl/z80.em as a dependency which resulted in a faulty Makefile. A revised batch is below.

Hah - you beat me to it.

I have now checked in your Z80 patches (for ld, bfd, gas, opcodes and include). There are two points however:

* Are you volunteering to be a maintainer for this port ?

If so, please could you generate a patch to add yourself to the binutils/MAINTAINERS file.

* I have not applied the changes to gas/expr.c.

I am concerned about adding target specific code to a generic file. (I was concerned about adding Z80 code to gas/app.c as well, but there is already a precedent for this). I assume that you are attempting to make GAS be compatible with somebody else's assembler, but I would much prefer it if you could come up with a cleaner way of handling the features you require. Even if it is only adding some more hooks into expr.c and having the majority of your expr.c patch in tc-z80.c.

Cheers
  Nick