Re: New 'as' port: GPL requirements?

Just going through your replies; thanks. Meanwhile, I noticed that I misquoted the second reference:

2) "If a program released under the GPL uses plug-ins, what are the requirements for the licenses of a plug-in" (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLAndPlugins).

Should read:

It depends on how the program invokes its plug-ins. If the program
uses fork and exec to invoke plug-ins, then the plug-ins are separate
programs, so the license for the main program makes no requirements
for them.

If the program dynamically links plug-ins, and they make function
calls to each other and share data structures, we believe they form a
single program, which must be treated as an extension of both the
main program and the plug-ins. This means the plug-ins must be
released under the GPL or a GPL-compatible free software license, and
that the terms of the GPL must be followed when those plug-ins are
distributed.

If the program dynamically links plug-ins, but the communication
between them is limited to invoking the `main' function of the
plug-in with some options and waiting for it to return, that is a
borderline case.

John