Re: RFC: readelf -x NAME

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

I like to use readelf -x when examining certain little-endian sections,
since it uses a much friendlier byte order than objdump by default.  But
every time I do this it drives me crazy that I need to look up the section
indices.  So I finally fixed that.

This patch allows -x NAME to dump sections by name.  Ambiguities are
resolved in favor of section numbers.

OK? Comments?

This is a very nice feature. I like it too. You might want to rename

initialise_dumps_byname to initialize_dumps_byname - [@option{-x} <number>|@option{--hex-dump=}<number>]
+ [@option{-x} <number or name>|@option{--hex-dump=}<number or name>]

'section number or name' will be nice.

Thanks