Re: Does binutils support multi-target at the same time?

On Saturday 26 November 2005 16:48, WU Zilong wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>      Can I build binutils with multi-target? Such as enable both
> arm-elf and arm-coff at the same?

./configure --enable-targets=whatever
The assembler still only targets one arch but the rest of binutils can work
with multiple formats[*].

> So I can convert .o file from arm-elf or arm-coff to each other freely?

Not really. You can try objcopy, but chances are it won't work. ELF and coff
are sufficiently different I'd be surprised if you can convert between the
two in any vaguely reliable way.

Paul

[*] I haven't done exhaustive checks, but I think this is true.