Re: [RFA/hpux] Implement file_matches_executable_p

> >>2005-11-17  Joel Brobecker  <brobecker@adacore.com>
> >>
> >>        * corefile.c (generic_core_file_matches_executable_p): New
> >>        function.
> >>        * libbfd-in.h (generic_core_file_matches_executable_p): Add
> >>        declaration.
> >>        * libbfd.h: Regenerate.
> >>        * hpux-core.c: ANSIfy function declarations and prototypes.
> >>        (thread_section_p): Manually expand bfd_section_name macro
> >>        to make it clear that parameter ABFD is not used.
> >>        (hpux_core_core_file_matches_executable_p): Delete, replaced
> >>        by macro pointing to generic_core_file_matches_executable_p.
> >>
> >>        * aix386-core.c: Replace core_file_matches_executable_p null
> >>        implementation by generic_core_file_matches_executable_p by
> >>        using a macro.
> >>        * aix5ppc-core.c: Likewise.
> >>        * cisco-core.c: Likewise.
> >>        * hppabsd-core.c: Likewise.
> >>        * irix-core.c: Likewise.
> >>        * lynx-core.c: Likewise.
> >>        * mach-o.c: Likewise.
> >>        * netbsd-core.c: Likewise.
> >>        * osf-core.c: Likewise.
> >>        * ptrace-core.c: Likewise.
> >>        * sco5-core.c: Likewise.
> >>        * trad-core.c: Likewise.
>
> Approved - please apply.

Thanks Nick. Checked in.

> Sorry for the delay in getting round to review this patch.

No worries, I have complaint. We're all busy.

> This is one
> small formatting glitch:
>
>    return (strcmp(exec, core) == 0);
>
> Should be:
>
>    return (strcmp (exec, core) == 0);
>
> Personally I do not like extraneous parentheses in return statements
> either, so this could also be:
>
>    return strcmp (exec, core) == 0;

I went for the latter. Sometimes, parens are useful to help GNU indent
find the proper indentation. But in this case, it's not warranted.
I still added them originally because I was concerned that there might
be a consistency rule regarding this.

Cheers,
--
Joel