Need help with SLES8 c++filt

I am developer working with a product that currently supports some older
Linux distributions (ie. SLES8 in this case) and we have found a problem
with c++filt.  We can't just say to our customers that they have to upgrade
since we support the release they are currently running so I need some help
finding out what version are broken and which are ok so I can code around
the broken ones.

The problem is that in some versions (GNU c++filt (C++ demangler), version
3.2.2 for example) that when you pass 'raise' into c++filt you get
unexpected results:

> c++filt -_ raise
signed char restrict

If you pass the '-s gnu' or '-s gnu-v3' flags it will properly return
'raise' but then demangling of truly mangled names no longer works.  So, I
need to find out which versions return the wrong values for 'raise' and
what version the problem was fixed in.  It seems the fix might have been
Ian's changes to cp-demangle.c  and cplus-dem.c on 2004-01-12, but I don't
know for sure.

Please let me know if you are able to help me out with this request.  It
appears that the version in SLES9 and RHEL are working properly.

Jon