How to debug without having debug section in an executable ?

Hi

    I am facing a problem  as explained below :

1. My project is to convert PE (user created dynamic link libraries on
windows) to ELF (shared object on linux ). When i convert a Dll
providing some functionalities like some file operations . But when an
application (executable not a shared object or library) converted from
PE to ELF, having usage of symbols in it but defined in shared object
which i have created and converted,  is executed it doesnot find the
symbol .

2. I also checked for the DT_NEEDED field of the application it
includes my library but still i dont know whether library is loaded .
After that i tried to debug in an indirect way because i dont have
considered DEBUG section . I found that library is loaded but linker
is unable to load section table from the library.

1.    I think this is the problem but i want to know the solution .Please help!
2.   If u think there is something wrong other than this please let me know !
3.   How can i debug the executable without having DEBUG section in
the finally mapped
     ELF format?
4.   When the segmentation fault comes , using core dump  i get the
address art which the
     fault occurs i.e.,  0x0073c224 but this address goes beyond the
virtual address of the
     executable . So which instruction to debug i dont know ?

--
regards
ashwani