Re: Binutils Port - Infineon xc16x family.

Hi Shrirang,

KPIT Cummins is contributing the complete binutils port for Infineon XC16X architecture. We would like to request you to send in your comments on this port.

I have accepted and applied your patch. I do have some comments about it though:

* Please submit the ChangeLog entries for individual ChangeLog files, rather than just one gigantic ChangeLog entry.

* The patch to the top level config.sub file will have to be submitted separately to the config project.

* You missed a patch to the ld/Makefile.am file. As well I added entries to the ld/NEWS and gas/NEWS files mentioning the fact that the new target has been added.

* Will you be acting as maintainers for this target ? If so, please add yourselves to the binutils/MAINTAINERS file.

* The patch removed the current shared use of the libiberty/at-file.texi file in the various binutils .texi files. I hope that this was a simple mistake on your part. I have ignored it when applying the patch.

* You asked that the port be configured with --disable-Werror. This I did not do. Instead I configured it as normal and fixed all of the warning messages that were being turned into errors. Really you could have done this yourselves.

* I was very pleased to see that you have contributed some xc16c specific GAS and LD tests. I have applied these as well. There is one problem though: 20 unexpected failures in the new GAS tests and 1 in the new LD tests. I hope that you will fix these soon.

Cheers
  Nick