Re: Looking to contribute OMF support

Hi Bernd,

It seems my employer should be willing to assign copyright for the OMF
support I've added using (in part) company time and equipment, to the
FSF.  I'll need one of those pre-paperwork-preparation forms that I've
seen around here regularly; would somebody please send me one of those?

Attached.

I need to fill in a form for requesting the real form, right?

Right.

Is it only the second set of forms which have to cross the ocean by
snail-mail?

I think that the FSF might even use faxes....

NOT working or untested:
 - linking of more complex modules
 - objcopy
 - assembler output

I hope that's good enough for an otherwise nonexistent port?

Yes. Ideally however it would be nice if there was sufficient code to allow the port to be tested. Ie supporting assembler output would really be a good idea. If this is something that you are planning to add in the future then this is fine, but if not, then how can we, the binutils maintainers, tell if your code is still working ? We test the code all the time and we try to make sure that it all works. We also have a process whereby we retire unsupported and no-longer-working ports. If we cannot test your port, how can we make sure that future changes to the generic parts of the binutils sources do not break the OMF port ?

Cheers
  Nick

request-assign.future:

Please email the following information to fsf-records@gnu.org, and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.
Please use your full name as the subject line of the message.

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your snail address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]