Re: binutils for arm-wince-pe build broken on cygwin?

Alan Modra wrote:
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 12:30:43AM +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:
Pedro Alves wrote:
Alan Modra wrote:
On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 09:36:54PM +0100, Pedro Alves wrote:

"/* Script for ld -Ur: link w/out relocation, do create constructors */\n\

\n\
OUTPUT_FORMAT(pe-arm-little)
\n\

\n\

\n\
SEARCH_DIR(\"/cygdrive/d/gcc/wince/arm-wince-pe/lib\");
\n\
<snip>
---------------------------------
Notice the extra empty lines without a continuation escape. Looking at a tree I have build a few months ago, I see that
those empty newlines should not be there.
I think earmpe.c is build from pe.em by genscripts.sh.
Yes, and the part you show above comes from ldscripts/armpe.xu, itself a
generated file.  I would guess armpe.xu has blank lines too, possibly
caused by a broken sed.

You are right. Thanks for the tip. Downgrading to sed 4.1.4 fixed the
problem.
I am now confirming if the problem shows up also in i686-pc-cygwin target.
Has anyone stumbled on a similar problem yet?

A little late, but...
Confirmed. I am having the same problem for i686-pc-cygwin.
Found this interesting thread at cygwin's mailing list

Yes, binutils uses sed -e '/^ *$/d' to delete blank lines. If you have somehow managed to put CR LF line ending on files in your source tree, then you'll run into trouble using the new sed.

Probably because I used Winrar to unpack the snapshots. That will teach me to use tar zxfv.
Thanks again, and,

Cheers,
Pedro Alves