Re: Incorrect LMA of .text section in section header

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 02:18:20PM +0530, Alok wrote:
> As can be seen here, the program headers generated are correct but the
> section header for .text is incorrect.

No, it's not incorrect.  The section header contains a VMA, not an LMA.

> Because of this gdb which uses
> bfd_map_over_sections to load the program into the target loads .text at
> incorrect address. Can anybody help me understand the mistake on my part.

I've heard several different reports of this problem lately.  It sounds
like GDB should have a new command or setting added, which causes
"load" to use the segment LMA instead of the section VMA.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery