Re: Misc Install issues

Hi Bruce,

When installing gdb, some files from libiberty and libbfd are installed
over the existing binutils and I want to avoid that.  I tried passing
--disable-install-libiberty and --disable-install-libbfd.  These
switches did not completely work.

For libbfd, the info files are still installed, but not any header or
library files.

You can essentially ignore this problem. The libbfd info files are only useful for developers who want to get deep into the internals of the BFD library and they will almost certainly want to use their own, separate binutils installation.

If you really care, you could try using the "--infodir=<path>" configure option to set up an alternative directory to use when building and installing gdb and then copy over only the info files you really require to the proper info directory.

Cheers
  Nick