Re: svn read of the binutils development repository?

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 09:47:18AM -0400, Paul Koning wrote:
> Sure.  But I don't understand the statement that Subversion doesn't
> support doing so -- it does.  You can check out any subtree you want.

Have you looked at the layout of the src tree lately?  Binutils is not
a subtree.

  src/Makefile.tpl
  src/gas
  src/bfd
  src/gdb

et cetera.  We want gas, bfd, and Makefile.tpl, but not GDB.

You can make SVN not update parts of the tree, e.g. by svn switching
subtrees to an empty directory.  But that doesn't help you with the
checkout.

SVK now offers "views" for this purpose, which seem quite nice.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery