Re: PATCH: ld/2537: Linker doesn't allow sections reserved for applications.

Hi H.J,

+	      /* FIXME: How to properly handle allocated section
+		 reserved for applications?  */
+	      (*_bfd_error_handler)
+	       (_("%B: allocated section `%s' reserved for applications"),

I think that the error message ought to be more helpful here. Something along the lines of:

 "BFD library does not know how to handle the allocated, application
  specific section %s".

Also, it may be possible for a particular backend to handle such a section, so we ought to give elf_backend_section_from_shdr() a chance to process it, don't you think ?

Cheers
  Nick