[Query] : Usage of single LO relocation

As per my previous query results, I have observed that we should have HI
relocation and LO relocation immediately following each other.

With that as reference, a new query has been raised for me. Please check
it.

Query 1
-------
If we have multiple LO relocations emitted for a single HI relocation as
following patterns, will the second LO relocation be utilized for any
purpose by the GCC linker?

Pattern
-------
R_MIPS_HI16
R_MIPS_LO16
R_MIPS_LO16   <-- Will linker utilize it for some relocations?

Query 2
-------
As I have examined, I have not yet found any usage of LO relocation as a
separate one. Can we have usage of LO relocation without HI relocation
in any case?

Please clarify it.

Regards,
Amarnath M