Re: Mainline and branch: --enable-targets=all dead on cygwin

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 12:58:32PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>   This is due to the fact that USE_UNIQUE is not defined when symbols.c is
> compiled, which looks to me to be some kind of problem in the include file
> hierarchy; when TE_PE, USE_UNIQUE gets defined in obj-coff.h, but symbols.c
> doesn't appear to think it needs to include OBJ_HEADER.  Any ideas about that?

Yeah, throw rocks at whoever put that code in.  :)

With --enable-targets=all, you are trying to build i386 gas with AOUT,
COFF and ELF support.  That means anything format specific needs to be
selected at runtime depending on the output.  See config/obj-multi.h.
There are a depressing number of ocurrences of #ifdef TE_PE scattered
around the gas code.  For an easy fix, just turn off the multi-obj
support by editing gas/configure.in.  Tweak the case statement just
after
# Turn on all targets if possible
to exclude pe targets.

--