Re: make check failures with binutils-2.17

On Friday 07 July 2006 05:22, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Were you able to build other targets that do not fail the make check ?

i posted the ones that failed ... the ones that passed for me:
arm-linux-gnu
i686-linux-gnu
ia64-linux-gnu
m68k-linux-gnu
mips-linux-gnu
mipsel-linux-gnu
msp430-elf
powerpc-linux-gnu
powerpc64-linux-gnu
s390-linux-gnu
s390x-linux-gnu
sparc-linux-gnu
sparc64-linux-gnu
x86_64-linux-gnu

> Anyway to answer your question, I do not have access to a ppc machine,
> but I do have an amd64 machine (running a 64-bit OS) and on that machine
> I get these results:
>
> The alpha-linux-gnu toolchain fails the LD check with:
> The armeb-linux-gnu toolchain fails the GAS check with:
> The avr-elf toolchain fails the GAS check with:
> The mips64-linux-gnu and mips64el-linux-gnu toolchains fail the LD check

same failures as i'm seeing

> The hppa-linux-gnu and hppa64-linux-gnu toolchains fail the GAS check with:
>
>   XPASS: Check min/max values for .block

i saw this as well as gas failing imem.s/shladd2.s in basic.exp

> Does this match your own findings ?

pretty much ... which means that it isnt just me :)

guess i'll check out cvs HEAD and see if the failures are there as well and if
so, follow up with some bug reports / new threads ... thanks for taking the
time to test
-mike