RE: Retrieving exported symbols from a dll

> From Erik Leunissen
> Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:37 AM
>
> I want a list of symbols that are exported from a dll
> (pei-i386 format).
> My first inclination was to look for an option to dlltool or objdump
> that is specifically aimed for that purpose, but did not find it.
>
> Therefore, I tend to revert to doing "objdump -x foo.dll" and
> scan the
> output using a home grown recipe. However, that is not nearly as
> straightforward as what I was looking for.

There is a program called pedump, source published here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/03/PE2/
that does the trick.

There are mingw32-built win32 binaries of above availiable on net via a
Google search.

Even if you don't want the code, Matt Pietrekk's article is worth a read
anyway if you are interested in PE format.

Danny