Re: Question about what BFD can access

On Jul 27, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 05:43:36PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
But, as I'm doing it on the same system, I'm not 100% sure it's not just
magically finding the executable file somehow.

It is.

So, gcc is magically finding the executable on disk? Odd. How? If I can do the same magic, that might help me as much...

You can pull the dynamic symbol table out of memory mapped BFDs
(and BFD supports such now), but the static symbol table you need to
look around on disk usually.

I may not fully understand the difference between these symbol tables.
Is this an issue of a static vs. dynamic executable? Or that either might
have either or both types of symbol tables?

Search for _memory in the bfd header files, I think.

Excellent. I'll certainly do this. Thanks...

- Chris