Re: weak defined symbols in shared object lost by dynamic link?

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 10:37:39AM -0700, Stuart Balfour wrote:
> What's the definition of "not relevant"?  In my case, the etext symbol in
> the shared object is referenced by a routine in the shared object which
> is called from the executable.  It expects the value set for it in the
> shared object's linker script.

It sounds to me like what you need isn't another complex change in the
dynamic symbol processing, but to use PROVIDE_HIDDEN in your shared
library; that should force it to bind to the one you want.

Here (and in HJ's ongoing thread) I think we're making some bad choices
for complexity.  We don't need to support every possible permutation of
all the concepts we know how to deal with.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery