Re: [patch] Add arm .object_arch directive

 Paul> The attached patch adds a .object_arch directive which allows
 Paul> the user to override the architecture recorded in the object
 Paul> file.

 >> I like that, except that the place I wanted it is MIPS, not ARM.
 >> Any reason why you made it an ARM-specific feature rather than a
 >> general feature?

 Ian> MIPS already has this feature, via ".set arch=XXX".  Is that
 Ian> insufficient in some way?

As in ".set mips3"?  Um... yes, I guess I was not really awake yet.

It sounds like what PaulB is doing is the other way around, setting
the object file marking to something other than the default, while the
MIPS directive leaves the object file marking alone but sets the
instruction set that is accepted by the parser.

But I don't suppose that's an important difference, I can get to the
result I want either way.

Thank Ian.

       paul